Friday, October 8, 2010

October 2010

Time for another update.

I went to Canada for 6 weeks and have now been back for a little over a month. It was nice to be back in Canada for a short time in the summer. I don't miss the cold weather at all. I got to see the people in St Catharines, my brother and one niece from out west and I also got to see a friend that I hadn't seen in a very long time which was nice.

I am now able to ride my motorcycle to anywhere I want to go which really saves on transportation costs. It used to cost me 100 baht to go and come back from anywhere. Now I fill up my tank with 80 baht and it lasts me around 3 weeks. It's also much more convenient since I don't have to wait for taxis and songtails anymore.

The kids at Mercy are now enjoying a 3 week break from school. We have designed a program for them which includes some lessons and a lot of game time. We went to the crocodile farm a couple days ago. I think the kids enjoyed it. We saw a croc show, as well as various other animals. There was a great playground there and the kids played for over an hour. Next week we will go to the beach and to another friend's house who has a pool and a big yard.

I imagine that the next couple of months will be quite busy. We are planning a thanksgiving dinner (american thanksgiving) and then a Christmas dinner. It is also Mercy's 10th anniversary this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment