Sunday, December 20, 2009

December

Well I can't believe its December already. We have less than a week until Christmas. I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying the weather here. I like being able to bike and swim outside still and to not have to bundle up just to go out the door.

At the Mercy Center, we finally got the library program that we need to set up the Christian library. Once I have all the books entered into the system (which will take a while) we will be able to lend Christian books out to the church or whoever else wants to read them. This is a valuable thing here as English books are not plentiful and especially Christian ones.

Also, starting in January, I will begin teaching English to the preschool kids and their teacher. The Mercy Center had the Jolly Phonics program donated to them from a kindergarten in Canada. We will start with that for the phonics with a little extra vocabulary added in. We are also looking at finding a good time to teach the older kids but since they go to school already for a full day we have to figure out a schedule. Also, we need a teacher for that since I pick up the boys afterschool and am not at Mercy by the time the kids come back from school.

The boys are off school now for almost 3 weeks so I won't be at Mercy until they go back to school. We will be touring around Ban Chang on our bikes I think. We can ride to the beach which only takes 1/2 hour and we can also ride up to the Tesco if we want to shop and to the park which takes about 20 minutes.

Hope you all have a merry Christmas.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment